Best Job Board Software to Improve your Hiring Process
Posted on January 17, 2023
No hiring manager wants to wade through a busy inbox, searching for the resumes that came in for their job posting. Likewise, job seekers don't want to waste time filling out clunky PDF application forms.
The solution? Job board software.
Job board software pools relevant postings in one place, streamlining the search for the job seeker and getting in front of potential talent.
What's more, good job board software offers a host of benefits for the poster. From candidate qualification to automated candidate messaging, hiring in 2022 is fast, organized, efficient—and most importantly—it connects the right businesses to the right people.
In this article, we’ll explore the best job board software on the market. We’ll look at the core features of top platforms, and then we’ll dive into how to select the right solution for your business.
Table of contents
- 1. Best for streamlining hiring: Polymer
- 2. Best for reaching specific communities: Niceboard
- 3. Best for reporting and analytics: BambooHR
- 4. Best for flexibility with multiple uses: Notion
- 5. Best for spreadsheet whizzes: Google Sheets
- 6. Best for creating super unique job boards: Webflow
- 7. Best for choice of integrations: WordPress
- How to select the best job board solution for your business
- Amp up your hiring efforts with job board software from Polymer
1. Best for streamlining hiring: Polymer
Polymer is the no-code, customizable job board platform simplifying the staffing process for people in charge of hiring and job seekers alike. It’s easy to set up your own branded job board page, displaying all of your open roles with engaging features like video headers and interactive location maps. is the no-code, customizable job board platform simplifying the staffing process for people in charge of hiring and job seekers alike. It’s easy to set up your own branded job board page, displaying all of your open roles with engaging features like video headers and interactive location maps.
For each job, you can create a dedicated landing page and build customizable application forms to help you qualify candidates. You can even build out an entire careers site with filterable resume search options for roles across your organization.
And your job board is only the beginning. Once you start receiving applications, you can track applicants, search for candidates, share details with colleagues, and more.
- Display open positions with instant job boards. Display open positions, organize by location (or category, or job type), and create a careers site that you can easily manage. All job boards and posts are optimized across devices, so seekers browsing on the commute can still see your offering clearly and easily.
- Help talent find you when the time is right. Sometimes a highly qualified candidate will land on your site when you’re not offering a role that best fits them. With Polymer, job seekers can subscribe to your job board for notifications when new positions become available.
- Easily track new candidates with candidate management. Behind the scenes, new applications display automatically on your Polymer hiring dashboard. Use the applicant tracker to get visibility over your candidates’ progress in a designated activity feed.
- Automated messaging to streamline your hiring process. Automated messages for those who’ve passed the first hurdle and let them know the next steps. Or, send a polite decline message and keep your potential hires list organized.
- Get all stakeholders on board with team collaboration. With no user limit on Polymer accounts, you can organize your hiring team and process the way that works best for your business. It’s simple to assign user roles and communicate via group messaging, shared comments, and candidate reviews.
Polymer uses a per-job pricing framework, so you only pay for what you actually use. You can set up your company, configure jobs, and invite your team for free.
Once published, listings cost $10 per published job post per month.
Who it benefits
Polymer is great for small businesses and startups looking to create an optimized recruiting strategy. Polymer attracts those who may feel overwhelmed by typical job boards with restrictions on posting layout and application fields, as well as the influx of applications in their email inbox.
Polymer helps teams manage the entire hiring process, tracking roles and candidates in one place. With its powerful and user-friendly dashboard, Polymer makes the hiring process simple to get started and easy to navigate as you grow.
2. Best for reaching specific communities: Niceboard
Niceboard offers job boards to specific communities, like fintech roles and cycling jobs. This is a popular option for people who already run job groups on social networks or social media sites like LinkedIn and Facebook.
Niceboard gives you access to ready-made job boards to complement your existing communities. You can get up and running with your own domain straight out of the box, so you won’t have to spend weeks building and testing a platform from scratch.
As well as supporting employers, Niceboard provides job seekers with an enjoyable search experience. The meticulously designed platform puts user experience first with instant filtering, so candidates can find their communities quickly, see company previews, subscribe to job alerts, and view designated job seeker accounts.
- Manage applications on a user-friendly dashboard. With Niceboard, you can post job vacancies on an intuitive recruitment platform. It’s easy to customize and you can manage your jobs and applicants, all in one place.
- Monitor performance and ROI with dashboard stats. Employers can access performance stats for each job listing to help measure return on investment (ROI) and save valuable resources to use elsewhere in their business. You can also connect your job board to Google Analytics for extra user engagement insights and to see what is (and isn’t) working well on your platform.
- Create valuable connections via your talent pool. With Niceboard Business, you can allow employers to browse your job seeker talent pool (your curated group of niche job seekers) and find the best candidates. This helps employers connect with potential hires who have engaged with your platform in the past.
Niceboard plans start at $103 per month, billed annually, for the “Essential” plan. This covers your base job board and up to 3000 job listings and supports applications via link and email.
For more advanced features, there’s the “Pro” plan (priced at $143 per month). This is ideal if you’re running a larger job board as it supports up to 10,000 job listings.
If you’re planning on taking your job board international, it’s worth opting for the Business plan (priced at $223 per month), which offers up to 100,000 job listings and foreign-language support.
Who it benefits
Niceboard is a good option for companies looking to grow business more proactively. By offering a seamless job browsing experience, the platform makes it easy for employers to post openings, job descriptions, and find ideal applicants.
3. Best for reporting and analytics: BambooHR
BambooHR organizes information gathered by human resources (HR) teams throughout the employee life cycle and applies it to the hiring process. For example, if an organization was hiring a new designer, BambooHR would generate a report showing hiring managers what their ideal candidate looks like so they know who to target.
The tool reduces the time it takes to gather, store, and analyze people data (a.k.a. employee information). This helps to make hiring, onboarding, building culture, and preparing compensation much more efficient.
- Review candidates on the go with the mobile hiring app. Review candidates as soon as they apply with instant access to their resumes, cover letters, and answers to application questions.
- Evaluate applicants at every stage. Oversee the entire application journey and evaluate every stage of the interview process as a team. The applicant tracking software lets you add custom permissions, automate alerts, and collaborate through in-system messaging.
- Gain targeted insights with analytics automation. BambooHR lets you generate instant reports from your employee data. This can be used in tandem with workforce planning, approval tracking, and to generate detailed HR reports.
Packages are priced by individual quotation. You can try out BambooHR for free for seven days. If you want to sign up, you can request a free quote at any stage.
The Essentials plan costs around $4.95 per employee per month and includes an employee directory, records, document storage, and more.
For more advanced features, the Advantage plan costs around $8.25 per employee per month and offers all these basic features plus a designated applicant tracking system, custom reporting, and more.
Who it’s for
BambooHR is a solid choice for small and medium-sized businesses that want help hiring the right candidates the first time around. By generating ideal candidate reports, BambooHR will save time and reduce resources wasted on hiring the people who don’t fit your role or workplace culture by mistake.
4. Best for flexibility with multiple uses: Notion
Notion started as a project management and notetaking software. Now, the popular tool has a multitude of uses.
Notion’s customizable databases help HR teams move potential hires through their recruiting process and setup successful candidates with appropriate materials (such as company handbooks).
With lots of customization options to choose from, you can tailor your platform to work the way you want it to using the simple drag-and-drop dashboard builder.
Notion is great for people who don’t have the time or expertise to build a job board from scratch. You’ll be able to select from a wide range of community-made templates and resources, including website publishing templates and job boards.
- Get inspired using the community template gallery. Browse through the template gallery, full of real examples made by the team and the wider Notion community. There are templates for every type of platform, including ready-made job board examples.
- Connect your favorite tools. Notion integrates with popular apps like Jira, Zapier, Slack, Asana, and more. By connecting your existing business tools to Notion, you can stop switching between apps and keep all of your information, such as employee data, workflows, and schedules, in one place.
- Work together on one tool. Empower your hiring team to collaborate on projects with your very own digital office. Custom Gantt and Kaban setups will keep your teams aligned. Employee handbooks, onboarding guides, and client wikis are always available to help streamline the project management process.
Notion offers a free version of their software for individual use, which comes with basic features like device sync, APIs, and sharing.
For small-to-medium size businesses, the Personal Pro and Team plans are priced at $4 and $8 per user per month respectively and offer greater scope for collaboration with collaborative workspaces, unlimited team members, admin tools, and more.
Notion also offers a custom Enterprise plan for large-scale organizations, covering everything in the Team plan plus custom contracts, user provisioning, a dedicated success manager, and more.
Who it’s for
If you’re looking for flexibility, then Notion is a good choice. Notion makes it easy to create a personalized workspace that can be customized to your precise needs. Plus, if you’re not quite sure where to start, you’ll be able to seek inspiration from the vast gallery of templates on offer.
5. Best for spreadsheet whizzes: Google Sheets
Google Sheets is a spreadsheet program that comes as part of the Google Workspace suite. When paired with other tools, Google Sheets can act as a functioning job board and applicant tracking system.
For example, Sheet2Site turns spreadsheets of basic information into beautiful websites. You won’t have to write any code to do this. Sheet2Site even has job board templates, giving you a customizable job board website. All you have to do is fill in the information.
You’ll also have the option to collect emails via tools like Mailchimp so that job prospects can sign up for SMS notifications and email marketing about new job posts as they come up.
- Create an entire website just from templates. With Sheet2Site you can create a fully functioning job board with no code required using only Google Sheets.
- Embed Google Sheets onto your website. Once your spreadsheet is ready, simply embed your Google Sheet onto your website to start advertising new jobs.
- Apply custom filters to your site for easy navigation. Add custom filters to your job board so that job seekers can find the roles that suit them with a click.
Google Sheets itself is included in the Google Workspace suite (starting at $6 per user per month). To create a job board using Sheet2Site you’ll need to sign up for one of their plans. Plans start at $29 per month for a basic plan which allows you to connect to one custom domain.
Premium plans come in at $49 per month and offer up to three custom domains, plus more advanced features like Google Analytics, faster page loading, and the option to chat with your users and provide additional customer support.
Who it’s for
Using Google Sheets in combination with Sheet2Site is an effective way to set up a company job board quickly and cheaply. You don’t need any technical expertise to get started, and there’s no coding required to set up or maintain your platform.
6. Best for creating super unique job boards: Webflow
You won’t need any technical experience to use Webflow. The platform uses HTML5 responsive business templates (meaning it’s optimized for mobile phones) that you can easily customize using design tools. You can also connect your job board to a content management system (CMS) where you can update and maintain your job board.
- Choose from ample website templates. Webflow has templates for every kind of website, including ample job site templates. Each template is extremely customizable using Webflow’s no-code design tools.
- Manage your team under one roof. Webflow uses artificial intelligence (AI) to help you manage and organize your workforce from anywhere.
Building your job board in Webflow is completely free until you’re ready to go live. Paid plans start at $12 per month and offer you all the essentials you’ll need to launch a simple site (with one site editor). If you’re planning for scalability and want multiple people to have access to your job board, then there are more advanced plans on offer too.
Webflow CMS comes in at $16 per month and includes 2,000 CMS items, up to three guest editors, and 200 GB of bandwidth. For higher traffic sites, Webflow Business is priced at $36 per month (with 10,000 CMS items and 400 GB bandwidth included).
Who it’s for
Webflow is great for those looking for a simple, no-code website builder with plenty of job board templates to choose from. Plus, with the option to connect to Webflow’s own CMS, it’s just as easy to edit and maintain your site after launch.
7. Best for choice of integrations: WordPress
WordPress is free, open-source software that provides the functionality and features to help HR teams build their own job boards. WordPress essentially gives you the building blocks to create a website.
There are hundreds of themes on offer, so you can choose from a range of styles and functionalities. Next, simply use the drag-and-drop style editor to customize your platform according to your needs and personal employer branding.
It’s super simple to create free job boards in WordPress by downloading a job board plugin, like WPJobBoard. These plugins can add instant job board functionality to your website, with the bonus of adding shortcodes to easily output jobs in different formats.
- Add a custom domain to your job board website. You’ll get a custom domain name (that you can manage directly from WordPress) to make your job board stand out.
- Choose from hundreds of customizable themes. You don’t need to be a designer. Simply choose from the hundreds of customizable pre-made themes on offer.
- Create a mobile-friendly site for browsing on the go. Choose from a range of mobile-responsive themes so that your job seekers can navigate your site on the go.
WordPress is registered under General Public License (GPL), meaning that it is free to download and use, but there will be charges for hosting your job board. WordPress hosting is available on many sites, such as Bluehost, SiteGround, and GoDaddy, each offering tiers of service and first-year deals.
As an example, Bluehost offers basic WordPress hosting starting at $2.75 per month for the first year (renewing at $8.99 per month).
Who it’s for
If you want full control over your job board on your own website and you have the time to invest in setting it up, go with WordPress. With WordPress, you can create custom sites based on customizable templates.
How to select the best job board solution for your business
Before selecting your new recruiting software, it’s important to come up with your own evaluation strategy. Every business is different, so your selection criteria won’t necessarily be the same as your competitors.
You can use the following themes as jumping boards for figuring out your own business priorities.
Start by identifying your primary goals. Ask yourself what this software should help you achieve.
Are you trying to onboard new hires, increase ROI, streamline the applicant management process, or find a way to help your hiring team collaborate remotely?
Identify your top goals and make these a priority when you start sifting through the key features and functionalities of each job board software.
Niche requirements and capabilities
Next, consider whether you have any niche requirements that your new software must deliver on. For example, if you don’t have much coding experience, but you want to create a truly unique and customizable job board, then you’ll want to opt for a solution like Webflow over WordPress.
Or perhaps you’re setting up a job board within a specific industry and you want to offer job seekers the opportunity to showcase their qualifications or to find and get found by employers in their niche. Likewise, a job board specifically for developers might want to offer candidates a way to submit product portfolios to showcase their work.
Features like employee and client profiles, a careers page, or a designated talent pool may be beneficial in many cases, so you’ll want to look for job board software that offers these capabilities.
Cost & pricing options
Of course, it’s important to factor budgets into the equation. Some job board software subscriptions can be a decent hit to your budget (with some basic plans starting at $299 per month).
Opting for software with a free trial, or one that’s free to set up before publishing, allows you to test it out before committing to a paid plan.
It’s also important to pick a tool that will be financially sustainable long-term. For example, what if you don’t need to hire again for several months? You’ll want to know that you can cancel your subscription whenever you like so that you’re not paying for something that isn’t being used.
At this stage, it can help to think back to your most important skills and capability requirements. Look for a plan that meets those needs, is affordable, and will scale up and down with you as demand fluctuates.
Alternatively, Polymer offers a pay-as-you-go model, so you can build as your company grows its bottom line.
The best job boards support hiring teams with intelligent analytic capabilities. Choosing a platform with job board analytics included will help you leverage your data to improve search engine optimization (SEO), monitor site visits and page engagement, and measure ROI.
Look out for platforms that generate custom reports, as this will help you and your teams get a more accurate picture of candidate progress and hiring flows. Some platforms will even integrate with your CRM and Google Analytics for added insights over your visitor stats, user interactions, content engagement, page optimization, and more.
Some job board software limits the number of jobs you can post. It’s wise to pick a provider that offers scalable plans so that you can keep growing your job board as and when needed.
A scalable hosting plan will allow you to ramp up your hiring efforts. As your business grows, you can upgrade your hosting plan to a more advanced plan with added features and capabilities.
Amp up your hiring efforts with job board software from Polymer
Instead of wading through applications manually, job board software helps coordinate the talent acquisition process under one roof. For the hiring team, that means no more overflowing inboxes. For the job seeker, that means a more streamlined and enjoyable job search.
Polymer makes managing your entire hiring workflow simple through automated candidate management, team collaboration features, and tailored customizations. Create a job board platform that truly works for your current and future team.